The Literary Horse has been very generously presented the Honest Scrap award by these lovely blogs: Tucker the Wunderkind (I am enjoying getting to know Marissa and following her journey!) and Grey Horse Matters (an elegant and enviably concise blog on horse matters dear to my graying heart).
It feels wonderful to be acknowledged for honesty in both serious stuff and the silly stories, since we all know there’s a teensy bit of exaggeration here and there in the stories (for humor purposes only). I appreciate that you see the basic honesty, and I am honored. Thank you!
Why yes, I AM bouncing up and down. How did you know?
The Honest Scrap award comes with a few fun rules that recipients are asked to follow:
- Recognize your award presenter and link back to their blog in your post.
- List 10 honest things about yourself.
- Present this award to 10 admirable bloggers who have moved you, and link to their blogs.
- Notify recipients they have been awarded, so they can retrieve it.
Priorities! Items with blackmail potential Fun facts first:
10 honest things you might not know about Jane
(That she’s furiously trying to stuff back into the dark corner out of which they heaved).
- I am not funny in person. Save yourself the agony and don’t meet me for coffee.
- Jumping scares me. I think anyone who jumps is both awe-inspiring and a lunatic. (H/J’s please note this means you’re a lunatic I hold in utmost awe and esteem.)
- Two known food groups: Cake and Salad. In that order.
- When I was 10, I planned to marry my cousin Tommy. Obviously, that plan didn’t work out. Tommy, you’re still the best!
- Despite my love for shiny and fluttery objects, I am almost neurotically non-competitive. I want YOU to win. But can I have the ribbon? Pretty please?
- This you know: I hate to cook. This you could guess: I love to bake. Dessert.
- I’m inordinately fond of bugs, reptiles, rocks, bears, dirt (the kind found on the ground), all manner of critters, and physics theory.
- I am terrified of elevators. I think we are currently blaming this on Willy Wonka.
- Jane can’t dance. If you want to see Jane trip and fall, insert the word “dance” into a sentence when she’s in earshot. Even if she’s sitting down.
- Is her glass half empty or half full? She wouldn’t know, she’s too busy thinking Oooooo…pretty….rainbows! while looking at the light through the glass.
Many deserving blogs have touched me with their honesty and direct from the heart communication. As presenter, I’ll be surprising you with the results! (Only TEN??)
I’ll start with two of my favorite professional horse blogs, that I regularly turn to for accurate, thoughtful and timely information:
I tried to decide which posts on each blog were my favorites, so I could include a sample. Unfortunately, my brain short circuited: it was an impossible directive. I wanted this post and that post, and oh that one TOO. So go, read, and clap loudly in appreciation. These women are doing the time consuming, up-to-the-minute-research so we can plop down and read up. Thank you Liz and Fran!